Well I found out a little tidbit the other day as I was perusing the Starwalkers group notices and thought I would share this with everyone at MPI. It looked like a fun opportunity for established models and aspiring models alike and I hope that you all will enjoy this new challenge!
This is a great way to practice, hone and put your runway walking skills to the test for all to see. It’s a great way to get feedback from the audience on what you could do better so be sure that you are not TOO sensitive to take criticism if you decide to accept feedback on your walk, posing and the styling of your avatar. Feedback is entirely optional.
Each model will model one outfit on the runway. Here are the rules/steps to model in it:
- Pick one of your favorite outfits and put it together to make it shine just like you would do for a fashion show where you want to entice the audience to buy it. This is where your styling prowess comes together!
- Practice your own routine on the Workshop Runway. Walk straight and look graceful. Be creative in making up a routine to fit the runway.
- Write a description of the outfit just like a scriptwriter would do for a fashion show. Again, the idea is to entice people to buy it.
- Decided whether you want feedback about your efforts from the audience. You can choose to just do the walk for the experience of it or to get audience feedback.
- Rename the Notecard- copy and paste the information below into a notecard- MW- Fashion Show Challenge – Your Name.
DO YOU WANT AUDIENCE FEEDBACK CONCERNING YOUR OUTFIT STYLING, WALK / POSING, AND YOUR DESCRIPTION BELOW? YES OR NO?
Return it to Monica Balut. The deadline is September 10, 2009 at 4 PM SLT. What you write for the outfit description will be read by the announcer just as is, no editing. Walking order will be determined by the order in which Monica receives the notecards. On the day of the show – Thursday, September 10, 2009 at 5pm SLT – Monica will send out the walk order.
It will be up to you to walk in the correct order. There will be no runway coordinator to be the mother hen. People backstage need to communicate with the show announcer if something has gone wrong to affect the walk order.
If a model wants audience feedback, he/she will immediately go back out to the end of the runway after he/she has completed his/her walk. If he/she does not, they will tell the next in line that they are done and the next one will immediately walk out.
We will follow this routine until all models have walked. If we don’t have time to get you all in this week, we will continue next week. This will allow you to see how well you think on your feet and pull it off.
They also have an opening for an announcer if anyone would like to apply.
“Here is your chance to get practice being an announcer for a fashion show. I will give you all the notecards with outfit descriptions in order of appearance. You’ll get this at least a half hour before the show. You just need to shout the descriptions to the audience and stay on your toes in case things get out of order.”
To apply complete the following information, paste it into a notecard and rename it “MW – Fashion Show Challenge – Announcer – Your Name” and turn it into Monica Balut by Wednesday September 9, 2009 at 5 PM
I would like to be an announcer for the Model’s Workshop Fashion Show Challenge Thur 9/10/09 at 5 PM.
The announcing will be split within in reason among those that apply so first come, first serve.
The show will be held at the Model’s Workshop Runway.
Be sure to visit us in-world at MPI Model Management.